Quality Engineer (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Quality Control
Are you mechanically-inclined and looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
The Quality Engineer is directly responsible to the Quality Manager for assuring compliance with internal procedures and applicable FAA, OEM and other technical data.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Provide Quality Engineering support for specific products (i.e. Cases/Frames, Rotating Parts) and/or processes (NDT, Visual/Dimensional Inspection, etc.).
- Investigate customer complaints and warranty considerations and compile technical reports documenting the investigation findings and corrective/preventive actions.
- Review and approve work instructions for compliance with OEM technical data (including blueprints) and industry specifications.
- Promote continuous improvement efforts.
- Review pertinent technical data and governing regulations, customer specifications, etc. for relevance to CRT operations.
- Use established internal control procedures to audit internally generated documents for compliance to approved technical data, government regulations, and industry standards.
- Act as an authorized representative of the repair station to determine airworthiness of products and sign maintenance release and material certification documents.
- Gather information for internal and vendor investigations for material review or corrective action processes.
- Sponsor positive process and procedure changes through suggestion system, corrective action system, and audit of rework and job cost data.
- Perform statistical analysis of data when required.
- Promote ongoing improvement of satisfaction of customer requirements, cost efficiency of operations, and procedural and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate training programs to assure the qualification and certification of employees per company or industry standards as defined by FAA approved overhaul procedures and company policy/procedures manual.
- Assist in general indoctrination of new employees. May include Quality Systems, Safety Program, Anti-Drug Program, general operating procedures, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Four year degree.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Federal and International regulations.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes used to perform work at CRT.
- Knowledge of turbine engine components. Basic understanding of turbine engine operation.
- Experience with continuous improvement programs, corrective action and preventive action programs, root cause analysis, and quality tools.
Quality Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, Quality Technician, Quality Inspection Technician, Incoming Goods Inspector, CDQAR, Military, Collateral Duty Inspection, Collateral Duty, Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative, Quality, Quality Assurance, Goods Inwards Inspector, Quality Assurance Inspector. Micrometers, Gas Turbine, Turbine Engine, Engine, Calipers, Zeiss, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 1st Shift, First Shift, Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Internal Auditor, Quality Control Specialist, Technical, Technical Discipline, Engineering Principles, Regulations, Engineering Support, Technical Reports
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.