Shotpeen Technician (3rd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Shot Peen
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry?
Imagine the rewards of applying your background to repair turbine engine components that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Follow operation sketches, process sheets, process procedures and other approved work instructions to accurately shotpeen parts using strict controls for uniformity and repeatability.
- Communicate with engineering and other team members on problem-solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- Control coverage of areas to be shotpeened. Evaluate surfaces after shotpeen to verify that coverage is complete and quality of surface treatment meets requirements.
- Perform testing using Almen strip system to verify intensity.
- Technical high school diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of standard shop practices.
- Read, write, speak and understand English, and be able to communicate with other employees.
- Must be able to use hand tools and have good hand eye coordination.
- Must be able to meet qualification standards for various shot peen applications based on manufacturer, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- General knowledge of turbine engine component repairs.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as scales, micrometers, dial indications, and Alman strip gages.
- General knowledge of computer aided manufacturing processes.
Shot, Peen, BallPeen, Peening, shot peening equipment, shot peen, peening equipment, deburring services, blasting shot, peening, peening shot, paint, media, production, manufacturing, mechanical, mechanically inclined, hands on, hands-on, entry level, 3rd shift, 2nd shift, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 3rd shift, third shift, off shift, entry-level, entry level
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.