Machine Lead (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Machine
Are you a natural leader who enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment? Are you process-driven with ambitions of joining a growing company? If you answered “yes” to each of these questions, please continue reading!
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
*LEAD PERSON WAGE PREMIUM: $1.50
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Recommend and implement measures to improve machining production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Assist in the execution of the daily production schedules though machine and operator allocations.
- Lead production personnel as assigned to ensure that all work is done according to the appropriate work instructions. Alert management of equipment and tooling issues.
- Ensure personnel assigned are competent to perform task(s) assigned to them and coordinate the necessary guidance and training as required.
- Review work orders entering and leaving the department for defects in product and paperwork to ensure quality objectives are being met and that defects are not getting passed on or received from other departments.
- 3-5 years CNC or Manual Machining (working knowledge)
- Strong communication and leadership skills – College level reading, writing, and speaking, including public speaking. The ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to oversee various welding techniques or complex processes and evaluate technical issues objectively.
- Understanding of basic shop math and geometric tolerances as related to CRT drawings and standard manufacturing methods.
- Where FAA certification is required, must meet the requirements of FAR part 65 (at least 18 months experience in the processes overseen, industry certification when required, demonstrated knowledge of applicable FAA regulations, demonstrated knowledge of CRT Repair Station Manual and quality systems).
- Familiar with and/or have a general understanding of all internal systems at CRT after successful completion of trial and orientation period (typically 90 days).
- Advanced knowledge of shop procedures and technical processes you will oversee.
Production Lead, Production Leader, Production Supervisor, Machining Supervisor, CNC Lead, Machining Leader, Plant Management, Management, Managing, Orienting, Coaching, Coach, Machine Shop, Operations, CNC, CNC Mill, Milling, VTL, Lathe Machine Downtime, aerospace, aerospace, machining, Process Improvement, Validation, Production Management, Production Methodologies, Prototype Design, Re-Tooling, Tooling, Total Quality Management, Systems, Manufacturing, Equipment and facilities engineering, material management, process reengineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 1st Shift, First Shift
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.