NDT Technician (2nd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Non-Destructive Testing
Are you a skilled NDT technician tired of traveling from job location to job location looking for stable work? Are you looking for a challenging or rewarding job opportunity?
Under the guidance of the company Level III, exercise the privileges of company certifications to prepare, process, and inspect parts in various stages of repair using nondestructive testing methods. Methods include fluorescent penetrant inspection (FPI) and fluorescent magnetic particle inspection (FMPI).
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Inspection of parts in accordance with manufacturers’ repair/overhaul manuals or other specifications for the interpretation of indications found.
- Conducting tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) and establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Set-up, calibration, and utilization of nondestructive testing equipment within department.
- Work closely with CRT NDT Level III, Engineering, and Quality Engineering to evaluate and interpret indications.
- Apply test criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test results and daily radiation reports.
- Perform specialized inspections and other job related tasks as assigned by management.
- On the job training hours, classroom training hours, and on the job experience hours as outlined in QPM 685-001 are required to meet minimum standards for qualification to Level I or Level II.
- Must pass tests given by Company NDT Level III or other NDT Level III approved by the company as outlined in QPM 685-001 to meet minimum standards for certification to Level I or Level II.
- General knowledge of turbine engine component repairs, including welding, heat treat, machining, and coatings.
- Pass vision tests required to meet minimum standards for qualification, including color perception and near vision.
- Three to five years’ experience as a Level II in NDT methods for which qualification/certification is acquired.
- College level materials courses such as Intro to Metallurgy, Welding Engineering, Manufacturing Processes.
- Welding inspection background or CWI.
NDT, NDI, Level II, MPI, MAG, MT, RT, X-Ray, RTI, FPI, PT, fluorescent penetrant, UT, ET, IRRSP Certification, Non-Destructive Examination (NDE), ASTM International, American Society for Testing and Materials, Non-Destructive Inspection, Ultrasonic Inspection, Magnetic Particle Inspection, Radiographic Inspection, Eddy Current Testing, Liquid Penetrant Inspection, Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection, Dye Penetrant Inspection, ECT, LPI, hardness testing, LT, leak testing, mass spectrometer, Industrial Radiography, Electromagnetic Testing, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 2nd shift, second shift, off shift, off-shift
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.