Product Support Engineer (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Engineering
Are you a talented engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your engineering background to repair turbine engine components that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial field working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business in Mentor, Ohio, in business since 1985. We offer a family style environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT team and watch your career soar!
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Countless internal promotional opportunities
- Evaluate customer specifications, inventory standards, FAA regulations and/or approved technical data to determine repair-ability of turbine engine components.
- Develop methods, techniques, and practices for turbine engine component repairs based on approved sources/technical data. Generate all engineering documentation and define work scope necessary to complete overhaul of engine component repairs and/or to perform new repairs (i.e.; FAA DER Repairs). Ensure that all documentation, work scope and repair processes comply with FAA approved technical data, regulations and/or customer requirements.
- Recognize the need for new repairs that are not specified in the technical data. Write and develop repair process procedures as required to support FAA DER, EASA or OEM approval.
- Communicate with Sales/Customers during the development of repairs to provide technical support and/or quotations as needed.
- Develop component parts, tooling/fixtures, inspection gages, equipment and repair processes related to new repairs and components. Help establish outside vendors if necessary to fill production needs.
- Review repairs and processes to improve quality, efficiency and turn time. Provide training and lead regular meetings as necessary to transition new and improved repairs smoothly into production.
- The Product Support Engineering role is a first shift position, however all engineers at CRT will be required to take part in both our weekend and late shift work rotations to support our production departments. These rotations are split-up to be as fair as possible, but also keeping in mind that we need to support the demands of our customers both internal and external. During a week in which an engineer is required to work the weekend rotation they will have the option of coming in either on Saturday or Sunday for a minimum of four hours. During a week in which an engineer is required to work the late shift rotation the engineer will be required to work from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. M-F.
- Two/four-year technical degree (B.S. Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.).
- Three years turbine engine component repair experience.
- General knowledge of civil aviation regulations, engine/overhaul manuals, and/or other process manuals used to repair turbine engine components.
- Continuing education in related processes and technologies.
AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS, DRAFTING, 2D, 3D, REPAIR, PROCESS, SUPPORT, ENGINEERING CONCEPTS, MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING, PROCESS, PROCESSES, PROCESS ENGINEERING, ENGINEER, OVERHAUL, GAS TURBINE, GAS TURBINE OVERHAUL, SHAFT, COMPONENT, COMPONENT REPAIR, R&D AEROSPACE, HANDS-ON,MECHANICAL, FABRICATION, WELDING, COMPOSITE, MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE OVERHAUL, DESIGN, PLAN, MANUFACTURE, CHALLENGE, BAJA, BAJA CAR, RACE, BAJA COMPETITION, BAJA RACING, SAE, SAE VEHICLE, SAE COLLEGIATE DESIGN SERIES, FORMULA SAE, FORMULA, FORMULA SAE ELECTRIC, SAE INTERNALTIONAL, SOCIETY FOR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.