Machinist (2nd Shift, Weekend)
Department – Machine
Are you machinist and looking for a challenge? Are you looking to work on some of the most exotic metals in machining? If you said yes, we have the opportunity for you!
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Obtain fixtures, set-up tools, parts, and supplies intended for Manual Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL).
- Operate machines to remove material to achieve required dimensions prior to the application of coatings, to finish coatings, or to establish part features.
- Perform finishing operations when required, such as deburring, tapping, honing, and bench work.
- Follow both written and verbal work instructions, use approved gages and tools to inspect parts to determine required material removal.
- May be required to participate in repair development projects for new programs or repair development of new repairs of existing programs.
- Two years machining experience on one, all, or a combination of; set up and operation of: Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL); Horizontal Boring Mills (HBM); Manual VTL; Vertical Grinders; Horizontal Grinders; Horizontal Engine Lathe; Vertical Grinders and Horizontal Grinders.
- Set-up experience with tooling, fixtures with the ability to follow instructions per technical drawings or work instructions.
- Technical high school diploma, machinist trade school, or equivalent work experience.
- General bench skills such as use of hand-held power tools, files, assembly and disassembly.
bridgeport, machine operator, machine set-up operator, set-up operator, equipment operator, manual machinist, manual operator, machinist, screw machine operator, programmer, production facility, machinery operator, machine tool operator, deco operator, davenport machinist, davenport screw machine, aerospace, davenport operator, tool operator, computer numerical control operator, computer numerical control machinist, tool room machinist, surfcam, smartcam, autocad, master cam, and 2D and 3D autocad, FANUC, milling, turning, grinding, vertical turret lathe, engine lathe, vtl, CNC, CNC MACHINIST, ID/OD grinder, aerospace Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 2nd Shift, second Shift, Off Shift, Off-Shift
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.