Production Control Specialist (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Logistics
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
The Production Control Specialist is responsible for managing and taking ownership of all gas turbine engine components assigned to them while at CRT for evaluation and repair and/or overhaul. This includes being directly responsible for reviewing component condition, developing repair work scope, understanding customer requirements and establishing the component ship date. The Production Control Specialist develops and ensures work scopes are communicated to all levels of the company.
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Review customer purchase order and “as received” condition of incoming components.
- Develop a quotation based on incoming inspection findings. Provide a technical findings report as required and defined work scopes to the sales department in order to notify our customer.
- Coordinate with the scheduling department in order to plan work scopes and time gates based on production department loading and lead times.
- Refine and analyze work scopes to maximize the efficiency of the repair/overhaul. Communicate work scope and time gates as required to all departments in order to meet our customer requirements.
- Manage exceptions, including reworks that occur during the repair/overhaul process determining the resources required to resolve the exception.
- Make the necessary decisions introduced by production or scheduling that are within the OEM manual limits or intent of the repair.
- Initiate and monitor continuous improvement programs for efficiencies, quality, production flow and customer requirements.
- Communicate inventory requirements with the purchasing department based on customer requirements and/or sales forecast.
- Manage on Time Delivery (OTD) and Ship Date Accuracy (SDA) with all departments.
- Coordinate with production and scheduling departments to ensure labor factors are accurately reviewed and maintained.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in an engineering or other technical discipline.
- Ability to self-start and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write technical information and data.
Production Control Specialist, Control Specialist, Production Control, Control Account Specialist, Technical, Manager, Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering Cost Analyst, Technical, Manufacturing aerospace, aerospace manufacturing, Physics, aerospace overhaul, overhaul, budget, Project Manager, Program Manager, FAA, EASA, Gas Turbine, Turbine, Engine, Project Management, Administration, Technical Manuals, AMT, Aviation Maintenance, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Machining, Work scope, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, On Time Delivery, OTD, Ship Date Accuracy, SDA
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.