Calibration & Metrology Technician (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Quality Control
Immediate opening for an experienced Metrologist to maintain, calibrate, setup, and service gauging for aerospace use. Gauges include Mics, Calipers, Torque Testers, Bore Gauges/Tri-Mics, Set Masters, Rings, Pins, and other similar gauging.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Calibrate gages, measuring instruments, tooling instruments, and equipment following specifications of in-house calibration system.
- Retrieve gages and measuring instruments daily from the production floor for calibration.
- Manage workload to achieve required calibration schedules and satisfy inspection schedules.
- Send gages, measuring instruments, and other items to vendors for calibration and repair.
- Disassemble and reassemble gages, perform minor repairs, paint and label gages. Assign serial numbers to gages. Assign calibration schedules in accordance with quality system. Monitor use of gages and adjustments to justify changing calibration schedules.
- Use computer calibration software for generating weekly calibration schedules. Tracking and recording. Maintain computer system and hard documentation records, stickers, and certification files to track, record, and control calibration systems. Issue missing gage reports and vendor calibration reports. Scan certifications into computer system.
- Perform clerical work associated with calibration activities including certificates of calibration.
- Order new gages, replacement parts, and repair and calibration services from outside vendors.
- Maintain control and traceability of gages and measuring instruments inside the operations and outside vendors.
- Maintain calibration lab to required standards.
- Assist engineering with determining the recommended gage(s) for a specific application.
- Answer questions from outside auditors about CRT’s calibration system.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience working in a calibration lab.
- Ability to perform gauge R&Rs and capability studies using statistical techniques.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Read and interpret blue prints and CMM reports.
- Skills in applied mathematics (i.e. algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline preferred; Industrial, Mechanical, or Electronic Engineering.
- ASQ Certified Calibration Technician (CCT).
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT).
Metrologist, Calibration, Metrology, Technician Calibration Technician, Auditor, CQA, ASQ, Certified Quality Technician, Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Calibration Technician, CCT, Quality Technician, CMM, CQT, Quality Inspection Technician, Incoming Goods Inspector, CDQAR, Regulations, Regulations and Industry Standards, Industry Standards, Product Realization Process Audits, Audit, Military, BSME, BSMET, Collateral Duty Inspection, Quality Engineer, Quality Engineering, ISO9000, AS9100, SMS, NADCAP, Collateral Duty, Certified Quality Auditor, CQA, Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative, Quality, quality system standards, Quality Assurance, Goods Inwards Inspector, Quality Assurance Inspector. Micrometers, Gas Turbine, Turbine Engine, Engine, Calipers, Zeiss, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 1st Shift, First Shift, Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Internal Auditor, Quality Control Specialist, Technical, Technical Discipline, Engineering Principles, Regulations, Engineering Support, Technical Reports
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.