TIG Welder (3rd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Weld
Are you looking to challenge your TIG welding skills and work on aerospace components? CRT has the opportunity for you!
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Perform TIG welding operations on nickel-based alloy components.
- Inspect work for completion and quality. Understand and achieve weld quality requirements.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform Torch Brazing of tubes and connectors.
- Use weld fixtures, chill blocks, gas back-ups, pre-heat methods, and other methods and equipment to optimize weld quality results.
- Perform pre- and post- weld heat treatments, including the operation of air/oven equipment and local stress relief equipment.
- Assemble and fit parts such as flanges to cases, cut and fit patches, or assemble tubes and fittings.
- Perform non-certified welding for tooling and fixturing as needed.
- Must have 1-2 yeas TIG Welding experience. Aerospace experience a plus.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrate reliability and good attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
OEM, TIG, TIG WELDING, TIG WELDER, AEROSPACE WELDER, AEROSPACE WELDING, AEROSPACE WELD, FITTER, WELDER, WELD, WELDS, TIG, TIG WELDING, ALUMINUM, PARTS, TITANIUM, JOB SHOP, REPAIR, OVERHAUL, REFINERY JOBS, OIL FIELD JOBS, POWER PLANT JOBS, PIPELINE JOBS, OSHA, TANK CLEANING, HYDRO-EXCAVATION, WATER-JETTING JOBS, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, entry level, entry-level, third shift, 3rd shift, off shift, off-shift
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.