Machinist (2nd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Machine
Are you looking to challenge yourself and work on some of the most exotic metals in machining? CRT has the opportunity for
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Perform milling on manual machines.
- Set-up including obtaining fixtures, tooling, and parts.
- Follow written and verbal instructions accurately including the ability to read blueprints.
- Use of inspection measurement instruments to inspect parts prior to, during and after machining operations.
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- 2+ Years machining experience.
- Set-up experience with tooling, fixtures with the ability to follow instructions per technical drawings or work instructions.
- Read, write, speak, understand English, and be able to communicate with other employees.
- Shop math as required to measure parts and make calculations required for machining.
- Technical high school diploma, machinist trade school, or equivalent work experience.
- One, all, or a combination of; set up and operation of: Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL); Horizontal Boring Mills (HBM); Computer Numerical Control (CNC) VTL; Vertical Grinders; Horizontal Grinders; Horizontal Engine Lathe; CNC Vertical Grinders and CNC Horizontal Grinders.
- General bench skills such as use of hand-held power tools, files, assembly and disassembly.
- For CNC operators, must have knowledge of G&M Code, ability to make program edits, etc.
machine operator, machine set-up operator, CNC set-up operator, equipment operator, machinist, CNC machinist, screw machine operator, CNC programmer, production facility, machinery operator, machine tool operator, deco operator, davenport machinist, davenport screw machine, davenport operator CNC tool operator, computer numerical control operator, computer numerical control machinist, CNC machinist, FANUC, milling, turning, grinding, ID/OD grinder, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 2nd shift, off shift, night shift
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.