Expeditor (3rd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Common Area
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
Provide production control assistance to the production department, by tracking parts through the repair processes, staging parts in departments, and backing up the stress department as needed.
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work as a team member with production, engineering, and production control personnel to maintain continuity in scheduling.
- Communicate and update daily and weekly ship list parts with lead people, product leaders, product support engineers, and supervisors to ensure department scheduling.
- Physically move parts to maintain parts progression between departments. Help by providing skids, carts, or racks to each department.
- Organize staging areas daily. Verify CRT tag and folders match. Make sure operations are stamped off and verify out of sequence operations are correctly identified.
- Provide priority lists for each department as needed based on quantity of parts in the department staging area. Print and distribute 7-day and 14-day from receiving lists for product leaders.
- Track parts that CRT is acting as a vendor for. Assign ship dates, coordinate with product leaders so that the proper paperwork gets into each folder. Help ensure that customer requests and parts are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Coordinate the scrapping of parts with product leaders, product support engineers, and quality engineers. Insert scrap paperwork after verification of P/N, S/N, then coordinate the physical scrapping of the components.
- Help back up the stress department by maintaining heat-treat area and equipment. Rack parts for stress and operate stress furnaces.
The ideal candidate must possess the following traits:
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and be a proven team player.
- Work extended hours and be available for weekend work as production dictates.
- Physically able to move inventory throughout the shop.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills using personal computers.
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.