Quality Auditor (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Quality Assurance
The Quality Auditor develops and conducts internal and vendor audits to ensure systems and performance meet customer, industry and regulatory requirements.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Regulations and Industry Standards - Review FAA, EASA, CAAC, EPA, OSHA, ISO and other regulatory and industry standards to create or revise audit checklists for company-level documents (i.e. ISO quality manual and repair station manual). Review regulatory and industry standards to create or revise audit checklists for major processes such as purchasing, customer support, engineering, quality, and production. Review company manuals and procedures and make suggestions for changes to enhance compliance.
- Product Realization Process Audits - Review product realization requirements in Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) repair manuals, standard practices manuals, and industry standards to create and revise audit checklists for production processes. Work with production managers and supervisors to ensure audit checklists are aligned with company and department goals.
- Conduct Quality Audits – Conduct audits at all levels of the organization; also conduct audits of subcontracted maintenance providers. Keep audits on schedule. Work with management and process owners to assist in the development of effective corrective action plans and assist them to complete corrective actions in a timely manner. Conduct follow-up to ensure effectiveness of corrective action plans.
- Conduct Product Audits - Support Quality Engineering and Engineering departments by conducting characteristic accountability audits or work package audits as assigned.
- Communication - Use computer communication systems, company meetings, bulletin boards, and other methods to promote effective quality practices throughout all levels of the organization. Report audit results to management and process owners. Work with management and process owners to resolve findings in a timely manner. Work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Records - Maintain data base of effective audit questions in the company’s quality management software. Record audit results and prepare reports for management using this software. Perform statistical analysis of data as assigned.
- Training - Conduct training in quality problem solving and effective corrective action plans as assigned.
- Continuous Improvement - Identify and communicate opportunities for preventive action and continuous improvement. Support and participate in continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Risk-Based Assessments - Review audit program for SMS and Risk Based Analysis opportunities and bring them to Quality Manager’s attention.
- BSME, BSMET, or Industrial Engineering degree with emphasis on Quality.
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA). Proof of competence in quality principles and auditing.
- Knowledge of industrial processes used by CRT and the standards that are applicable to those processes.
- Quality Experience within the Aerospace Industry.
- Quality Systems Experience with ISO9000, AS9100, SMS, NADCAP, or other common industry quality system standards.
Quality Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, Quality Technician, Quality Inspection Technician, Incoming Goods Inspector, CDQAR, Regulations, Regulations and Industry Standards, Industry Standards, Product Realization Process Audits, Audit, Military, BSME, BSMET, Collateral Duty Inspection, ISO9000, AS9100, SMS, NADCAP, Collateral Duty, Certified Quality Auditor, CQA, Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative, Quality, quality system standards, Quality Assurance, Goods Inwards Inspector, Quality Assurance Inspector. Micrometers, Gas Turbine, Turbine Engine, Engine, Calipers, Zeiss, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 1st Shift, First Shift, Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Internal Auditor, Quality Control Specialist, Technical, Technical Discipline, Engineering Principles, Regulations, Engineering Support, Technical Reports
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.