Senior Backend Engineer (Toronto)
Toronto, ON /
Build the infrastructure powering our automated portfolio management platform!
Composer is a Automated Trading Platform that allows you to build, test, deploy, and manage automated investing strategies - all without writing a line of code.
As an early backend engineer at Composer you will:
- Be responsible for designing and building critical pieces of our infrastructure
- Work closely with the executive team to guide our decisions regarding technical architecture
- Maintain and improve our trading and backtesting servers
Projects you will work on:
- Creating a language that clients can use to define any conceivable trading strategy ("strategies as data")
- Determining the best way to collaborate on, share, and/or monetize strategies
- Working on a state of the art and novel approach to trading
- Develop new features that depend on backend, including new symphony editor functionality, custom logic for symphony personalization etc.
- See here for more ideas!
We're looking for someone who:
- Will be a technical thought leader within the company
- Has multiple years of experience as a backend developer
- Has leadership ability and is interested in mentoring and developing other engineers
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Makes educated decisions when faced with uncertainty
- Is interested in functional programming
- Understands database design
- Has familiarity with cloud platforms (We use GCP)
What's it like to work at Composer?
- We believe diverse perspectives are necessary if we aim to disrupt finance. To that end, we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome a wide array of backgrounds, experiences, and abilities.
- We believe the simplest solution is most likely the best one
- We encourage self-improvement and learning new skills
- We are venture-backed by top investors
- We offer generous equity!
- Our Values
$100,000 - $150,000 a year
Apply for this position
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for applying!