The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. Our team is backed by world-class investors, and develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
As a Rust Engineer at Compound, you will join our team in building an open, transparent, frictionless protocol using smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. You will also build back-end services, third-party platform tools and front-end interfaces. You will also probably drink some LaCroix or hear “pass the hot sauce,” while you’re here, too. We work in Solidity, Elixir, Elm, Rust, and are regularly pulling in functional programming languages and tools, forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding.
At Compound, you will build high-caliber technology to propel community-built interfaces for the future of decentralized finance.
What You'll Do:
- Research & build blockchain technology written in Rust
- Understand, ensure and be passionate for the correctness of financial algorithms
- Build back-end web services that interact with blockchains
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Expertise & leadership to shape our Rust engineering division
- Ability and desire to forever learn and implement new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- Ethereum blockchain
- Solidity, Vyper or Liquidity
- Elixir, Phoenix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
Benefits + Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock Options as an early employee of Compound
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Compound is an open-source, autonomous protocol built for developers, to unlock a universe of new financial applications. We are building a transparent money market for cryptocurrencies, while helping an ecosystem of applications built on top of Compound to grow, making it easier to access these financial markets. We are one of the most visible pioneers of decentralized finance - by joining us, you will truly have a hand in shaping the future of finance.
Founded in 2017, Compound is backed by leading investors like Andreesen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.