The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. The Compound protocol is one of the largest DeFi protocols on earth, with over $15 billion earning interest, and moving billions of dollars of assets every day.
At Compound Labs we develop the protocol and new tools, alongside a community of users and COMP token-holders.
As a Rust Engineer at Compound, you will join our team in building an open, transparent, frictionless protocol on our new Gateway blockchain. You will also build back-end services, third-party platform tools and front-end interfaces. We work in Rust, Solidity, Elixir, Elm, and are regularly pulling in functional programming languages and tools, forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding.
At Compound, you will build high-caliber technology to propel community-built interfaces for the future of decentralized finance.
What You'll Do:
- Research & build blockchain technology written in Rust
- Understand, ensure and be passionate for the correctness of financial algorithms
- Build back-end web services that interact with blockchains
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Expertise & leadership to shape our Rust engineering division and Gateway blockchain
- Ability and desire to forever learn and implement new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- Ethereum blockchain
- Solidity, Vyper or Liquidity
- Elixir, Phoenix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
Benefits + Perks:
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company on-sites across the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Founded in 2017, Compound Labs is backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.