Marketing and Community Lead
San Francisco, CA /
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. Our team is backed by world-class investors, and develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
As Compound’s Marketing and Community Lead, you will create and lead the community strategy to create brand awareness and build trust in the community. You will be responsible for setting the communications strategy and managing our online presence spanning multiple channels (chat rooms, blog, etc). You will host and attend meetings, conferences and engage with teams to grow the Compound ecosystem.
What You'll Do:
- Drive community strategy, development, growth, and engagement
- Manage communication channels, including live chat, blog posts, and social media
- Assist third-party developers building on top of Compound with assistance, marketing and publicity
- Organize meetups, webinars, and other community and engineering-focused events
- Attend cryptocurrency events, including speaking engagements
- Source feedback, ideas and actionable information from the community
What You Bring to the Team:
- We prefer candidates with previous experience in content management, community management, marketing management, and engagement with developers
- History managing company-wide communications; blog posts, external communication channels, email and public chat-rooms
- Experience engaging multiple audiences gathering their feedback, build relationships, create content and partnerships, grow the community, and discover evangelists
- An aversion to SEO or maximizing social media likes as a measure of productivity
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with the cryptocurrency community (Bitcoin, Ethereum, ICO projects, etc)
- Familiarity with finance and financial technology companies
- Experience engaging with engineer teams from a non-technical perspective
- A desire to foster an open company culture
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock Options as an early employee of Compound
- Commuter benefits
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Bike friendly office
- Open floor plan
- Regular team meals and outings
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + hot sauce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Compound is an open-source, autonomous protocol built for developers, to unlock a universe of new financial applications. We are building a transparent money market for cryptocurrencies, while helping an ecosystem of applications built on top of Compound to grow, making it easier to access these financial markets. We are one of the most visible pioneers of decentralized finance - by joining us, you will truly have a hand in shaping the future of finance.
Founded in 2017, Compound is backed by leading investors like Andreesen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.