Tech Lead, Mobile Device Repair
Santa Clara, California
Tech Lead, Mobile Device Repair
ComputerCare, a premier IT services company located in Santa Clara, is currently looking for an experienced Technical Leader. You will lead, mentor, and support a distributed team of approximately 10 Hardware Repair Technicians and Technical Administrators in a fast paced start up environment at our HQ and offsite client location. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for our customers and have daily opportunities to make an impact on your team as you set and drive to meet monthly goals. We have a great working environment, comprehensive benefit package, and an amazing leadership team too. This isn’t just a job, it’s a great career opportunity.
This job could be perfect for you if you are:
· A highly technical person, a team player who supports co-workers and cares about the success of others.
· Successful in driving projects and programs from start to finish while helping to grow and mentor your team.
· Data driven, excel in hiring, mentoring, and growing a team, have excellent communication and client relationship skills and has successfully led repair technicians.
· Are highly technical and love the idea of providing premier service for high end electronic devices.
· Bring positive attitude, and contribute to the entire service department through the flexibility and willingness to jump in where needed.
· Committed to staying current on technology and procedures
· Comfortable with written and verbal communication
· Reliable and maintains regular and punctual attendance
· Understand and excels working within deadlines
· Experienced working in production floor and with high volume and under deadline is a big plus!
What you will do:
· You will support and lead multiple hardware repair technicians and technical administrators at our HQ and client sites ensuring Hardware Repairs are completed to standards, on time and to budget.
· Set monthly team and individual goals, lead the team to meet these goals identifying opportunities for improvement along the way.
· Work directly with other leaders in the organization to report on value measured KPI’s
· Quality control oversight, managing and auditing return units
· Plan for, and manage the repair backlog
· Participate in candidate review, interview, and hiring process.
· Support Certification Training of technicians (ACiT/ ACMT), responsible for keeping team certifications up to date
· Create and implement process for rewarding high performers and bringing others up to acceptable standards.
· Assess, track, and manage staffing needs and levels to assure efficient workforce management.
· Design and compose weekly/ monthly reports and recommendations as needed.
A little bit about the team:
· Repair laptop, desktop, tablet, or phone units according to requirements, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
· Review and diagnose customers’ complaint, determine details of equipment problems. Run tests using Apple Service Toolkit, Lenovo HW Diagnostic, HP HW Diagnostics.
· Reads and researches specifications, using Service Guides to determine machine settings.
· Keep a high degree of quality repairs while completing within agreed timeframe simultaneously tracking both devices and parts throughout the process. Completes repair ticket, using NetSuite and GSX.
· Analyzes equipment performance to assess equipment functionality.
· Reinstalls software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions
Nice to Have = BIG Plus:
· Past experience performing Laptop, desktop, tablet, and/or iPhone repairs.
· Certifications including: ACMT, ACiT, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Toshiba.
Come join our team at ComputerCare!