Hardware Repair Specialist, Mac & iPhone
San Francisco, California
ComputerCare, a premier IT services company located in Santa Clara, is currently looking for skilled hardware technicians to join our team at a customer location in San Francisco, CA. We offer a great opportunity to grow your skill-set and turn what you might think of as a “job” into a “career." We have a great working environment, comprehensive benefits package, and provide you with the opportunity to earn and keep current on certifications. We invest in your growth within the company and industry. Our clients are pretty amazing too!
Do you love to tinker with pieces and parts? Does getting paid to take apart, repair, and reassemble top of the line devices sound great? Add the opportunity to earn certifications for Apple, Lenovo, HP, Dell, etc. and yes, get paid for that too! If you have answered yes and also like to work directly with customers… keep reading as we may have the perfect job for you.
What you will do:
- Review and diagnose customers’ complaint, determine details of equipment problems. Run tests using Apple Service Toolkit
- Repair devices across Apple ecosystems ( Laptop, Desktop and iPhone )
- Earn and keep current on certifications for Apple
- Repair laptop, desktop, tablet, or phone units according to requirements, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Keep a high degree of quality repairs while completing within agreed timeframe
- Resolve issues requiring communication with Manufacturer’s internal service team
- Keep track of devices and parts inventory while performing repairs.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume repairs.
- Reassemble machines/ devices after making repairs or replacing parts
- Analyzes equipment performance to assess equipment functionality
- Reinstalls software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions
- Reads and researches specifications, using Service Guides to determine machine settings
- Maintains repair parts inventories and places order for any additional parts needed for repairs
- Completes repair ticket, using NetSuite and GSX
- Learns and uses new processes and procedures as required for repair process
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and manager
- Bring positive attitude, and contribute to the entire service department through the flexibility and willingness to jump in where needed.
- Committed to staying current on technology and procedures
- Comfortable with written and verbal communication, and enjoys face to face customer interaction
- Reliable and maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Professional appearance and interaction with customers and team
- Understands and excels working within deadlines
- Experience performing Laptop, desktop, and/or iPhone repairs
- Certifications including: ACMT, ACiT
Come join our team at ComputerCare!