Hardware Repair Technician
San Francisco, California
ComputerCare, a premier IT services company located in Santa Clara, is currently looking for skilled hardware technicians to join our team at a customer location in San Francisco, CA. We offer a great opportunity to grow your skill-set and turn what you might think of as a “job” into a “career." We have a great working environment, comprehensive benefits package, and provide you with the opportunity to earn and keep current on certifications. We invest in your growth within the company and industry. Our clients are pretty amazing too!
Do you love to tinker with pieces and parts? Does getting paid to take apart, repair, and reassemble top of the line devices sound great? Add the opportunity to earn certifications for Apple, Lenovo, HP, Dell, etc. and yes, get paid for that too! If you have answered yes, keep reading as we may have the perfect job for you.
What you will do:
- Review and diagnose customers’ complaint, determine details of equipment problems. Run tests using Apple Service Toolkit, Lenovo HW Diagnostic, HP HW Diagnostic
- Learn to repair devices across Apple and PC ecosystems
- Earn and keep current on certifications for Apple, Lenovo, HP, Dell, and more
- Repair laptop, desktop, tablet, or phone units according to requirements, using hand or power tools and measuring devices
- Keep a high degree of quality repairs while completing within agreed timeframe
- Resolve issues requiring communication with Manufacturer’s internal service team
- Keep track of devices and parts inventory while performing repairs
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume repairs
- Reassemble machines/ devices after making repairs or replacing parts
- Analyze equipment performance to assess equipment functionality
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions
- Read and research specifications, using Service Guides to determine machine settings
- Maintain repair parts inventories and places order for any additional parts needed for repairs
- Complete repair tickets using NetSuite and GSX
- Learn and use new processes and procedures as required for repair process
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and manager
- A positive attitude, and willingness to contribute to the entire service department through the flexibility and ability to jump in where needed.
- Commitment to staying current on technology and procedures
- Comfortable with written and verbal communication
- Reliable and maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Understands and excels working within deadlines
- Aim to repair daily volume of 8-12 devices
- Experience performing Laptop, desktop, tablet, and/or iPhone repairs
- Certifications including: ACMT, ACiT, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Toshiba
Come join our team at ComputerCare!