Reston, Virginia /
Commercial Property Management – Engineers /
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate development, asset management and real estate services company that has designed, developed, constructed and managed several thousand residential units and millions of square feet of residential and mixed-use projects throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan market since 1985. In 2019, Comstock completed the disposition of its for-sale homebuilding operation to focus exclusively on commercial real estate investment, development, asset management and real estate related services. Anchoring CHCI’s transition is a long-term asset management agreement covering two of the largest transit-oriented, mixed-use developments in the Washington, D.C. area; Reston Station, a 5+ million square foot transit-oriented and mixed-use development in Reston, Virginia, and Loudoun Station, a nearly 2.5 million square foot transit-oriented, mixed-use development in Ashburn, Virginia, and additional development assets. Comstock’s significant experience with entitling, designing, developing, and managing a diverse range of properties including mixed-use (commercial and residential) properties, hotels, apartments, condominiums, and large-scale infrastructure projects, including commercial parking garages serving Metro commuters.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol CHCI. For more information, visit www.ComstockCompanies.com.
The Building Engineer position requires strong technical, mechanical and administrative skills necessary to operate and maintain our properties. The primary focus of this position centers on providing high levels of customer service including on-site and on-call plant operational support.
Comstock is proud to be named a 2020 Top Workplace by the Washington Post. This recognition reflects our offerings which include a competitive salary with a generous benefit package (e.g., Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Life), opportunities for advancement, annual professional development funds, employee discount, friendly work environment and more! To learn more about Comstock Companies and how you can grow your career with our expanding portfolio, please visit: http://www.comstockcompanies.com and apply today!
- Provide Class “A” customer service – Building a good rapport with tenants and going above and beyond whenever possible
- Maintain and repair all types of building equipment, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls (electrical & pneumatic)
- Complete work assignments thoroughly and efficiently with limited supervision
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair building equipment related to the efficient operation of the building equipment and systems
- Support the property maintenance team, working on assigned customer service requests, active with construction projects and supporting special set ups relating to events
- Support senior chief engineer to achieve compliance at your property location(s)
- Maintain good tenant relations through prompt and courteous response to tenant request within the guidelines set forth
- Perform predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, routine maintenance and service requests as directed
- Assist contractors and ensure contracted services are being performed safely and in accordance with established work standards and practices
- Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts, and other building fire life safety systems
- Maintain and repair single phase electrical breakers, switches, receptacles, junction boxes, conduit, lights, and ballasts
- Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps
- Provide all other building maintenance, repair, and restorative procedures as directed
- Perform general Handyman tasks to maintain buildings
- Occasional overtime and holiday work will be required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experienced with various types of hand tools and use of diagnostic equipment
- CFC Universal Refrigerant Certification required
- Trade or Maintenance License preferred
- Exposure to a CMMS system a plus
- Proven safety record and compliance to safe work practices
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, word and excel
- Must have valid driver’s license without major violations
- Ability to diagnosis problems, make sound decisions, prioritize, schedule and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and equipment manuals
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently but also as a member of a team
- Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with others
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environmental
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools and lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in close spaces such as closets, crawl space and able to work on roofs of buildings
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, twist, and/or reach
- Continuous repetitive motions
- Work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or hazards, around dust and/or mite hazards, around chemicals and bio-hazards
ONE COMSTOCK, ONE MISSION: Delivering extraordinary experiences in places people live, work, and play. To support Comstock’s core mission statement, all team members must demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction while promoting professionalism, collaboration, and respect for all individuals and organizations that do business with Comstock.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.