Reston, Virginia /
Finance – Accounting /
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate development, asset management and real estate services company that has designed, developed, constructed and managed several thousand residential units and millions of square feet of residential and mixed-use projects throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan market since 1985. In 2019, Comstock completed the disposition of its for-sale homebuilding operation to focus exclusively on commercial real estate investment, development, asset management and real estate related services. Anchoring CHCI’s transition is a long-term asset management agreement covering two of the largest transit-oriented, mixed-use developments in the Washington, D.C. area; Reston Station, a 5+ million square foot transit-oriented and mixed-use development in Reston, Virginia, and Loudoun Station, a nearly 2.5 million square foot transit-oriented, mixed-use development in Ashburn, Virginia, and additional development assets. Comstock’s significant experience with entitling, designing, developing, and managing a diverse range of properties including mixed-use (commercial and residential) properties, hotels, apartments, condominiums, and large-scale infrastructure projects, including commercial parking garages serving Metro commuters.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol CHCI. For more information, visit www.ComstockCompanies.com.
The Property Accountant is responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting of day-to-day accounting operations of respective properties.
Comstock is proud to be named a 2020 Top Workplace by the Washington Post. This recognition reflects our offerings which include a competitive salary with a generous benefit package (e.g., Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Life), opportunities for advancement, annual professional development funds, employee discount, friendly work environment and more! To learn more about Comstock Companies and how you can grow your career with our expanding portfolio, please visit: http://www.comstockcompanies.com and apply today!
- Follow commercial property accounting procedures and complete monthly close process, to include but not limited to review of general ledgers, processing journal entries, and preparing monthly accruals
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages for properties in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly bank and other balance sheet reconciliations in tandem with the reporting package
- Prepare and monitor monthly debt and equity draws and manage project cash positions on a daily basis
- Approve and process accounts payable disbursements as needed
- Ensure compliance with mortgage loan covenants and reporting requirements
- Assist in preparation of local, state, and federal tax returns with consultation from outside accounting firm as necessary
- Assist in annual financial statement audit and reviews performed by outside CPA firm
- Assist in preparation of joint venture and consolidated financial statements
- Assist, review, and coordinate the workflow of Lease Administrator including application of A/R adjustments and daily cash receipts
- Assist property management staff with preparation of annual budget package and monthly and quarterly variance analysis to budget
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager or senior management
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial real estate accounting experience preferred
- Yardi experience preferred
- Strong accounting skills with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP
- Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, recoveries, budgeting and forecasting
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Exceptional oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with others
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently, with minimal supervision
ONE COMSTOCK, ONE MISSION: Delivering extraordinary experiences in places people live, work, and play. To support Comstock’s core mission statement, all team members must demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction while promoting professionalism, collaboration, and respect for all individuals and organizations that do business with Comstock.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.