Human Resources Intern
Reston, Virginia /
Human Resources – Administrative /
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate development, asset management and real estate services company that has designed, developed, constructed and managed several thousand residential units and millions of square feet of residential and mixed-use projects throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan market since 1985. In 2019, Comstock completed the disposition of its for-sale homebuilding operation to focus exclusively on commercial real estate investment, development, asset management and real estate related services. Anchoring CHCI’s transition is a long-term asset management agreement covering two of the largest transit-oriented, mixed-use developments in the Washington, D.C. area; Reston Station, a 5+ million square foot transit-oriented and mixed-use development in Reston, Virginia, and Loudoun Station, a nearly 2.5 million square foot transit-oriented, mixed-use development in Ashburn, Virginia, and additional development assets. Comstock’s significant experience with entitling, designing, developing, and managing a diverse range of properties including mixed-use (commercial and residential) properties, hotels, apartments, condominiums, and large-scale infrastructure projects, including commercial parking garages serving Metro commuters.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol CHCI. For more information, visit www.ComstockCompanies.com.
Comstock is currently seeking a Human Resources Intern. S/he will assist with administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources function.
Comstock is proud to be named a 2020 Top Workplace by the Washington Post. This recognition reflects our offerings which include a competitive salary with a generous benefit package (e.g., Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Life), opportunities for advancement, annual professional development funds, employee discount, friendly work environment and more! To learn more about Comstock Companies and how you can grow your career with our expanding portfolio, please visit: http://www.comstockcompanies.com and apply today!
- Provide basic administrative, data-entry, and filing support to all Human Resource functions and projects
- Set up and maintain electronic employee files
- Provide support to the recruiting function by creating and auditing job descriptions, submitting requisitions and job postings, reviewing resumes & uploading to Applicant Tracking System, scheduling interviews, and providing information on job opportunities to applicants
- Assist with onboarding new hires and orientation process, such as preparing offer letters and training schedules and administering new hire surveys
- Attend local college career fairs, as needed
- Coordinate employee events to enhance morale
- Perform back-up duties at the corporate office Receptionist desk
- Offer excellent customer service to applicants, current/former employees, etc.
- Perform other tasks / projects as assigned
- Completed or anticipated university degree in human resources, business, or related field
- Prior professional office work experience required; prior work in an HR capacity is a plus
- Interest in recruitment and/or human resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Very strong professionalism and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with others
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently, with minimal supervision
ONE COMSTOCK, ONE MISSION: Delivering extraordinary experiences in places people live, work, and play. To support Comstock’s core mission statement, all team members must demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction while promoting professionalism, collaboration, and respect for all individuals and organizations that do business with Comstock.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.