Maintenance Technician I
Ashburn, Virginia /
Residential Property Management – Maintenance /
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate development, asset management and real estate services company that has designed, developed, constructed and managed several thousand residential units and millions of square feet of residential and mixed-use projects throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan market since 1985. In 2019, Comstock completed the disposition of its for-sale homebuilding operation to focus exclusively on commercial real estate investment, development, asset management and real estate related services. Anchoring CHCI’s transition is a long-term asset management agreement covering two of the largest transit-oriented, mixed-use developments in the Washington, D.C. area; Reston Station, a 5+ million square foot transit-oriented and mixed-use development in Reston, Virginia, and Loudoun Station, a nearly 2.5 million square foot transit-oriented, mixed-use development in Ashburn, Virginia, and additional development assets. Comstock’s significant experience with entitling, designing, developing, and managing a diverse range of properties including mixed-use (commercial and residential) properties, hotels, apartments, condominiums, and large-scale infrastructure projects, including commercial parking garages serving Metro commuters.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol CHCI. For more information, visit www.ComstockCompanies.com.
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for all the plumbing, electrical, HVAC and painting at a Residential apartment community in Northern VA.
Comstock is proud to be named a 2020 Top Workplace by the Washington Post. This recognition reflects our offerings which include a competitive salary with a generous benefit package (e.g., Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Life), opportunities for advancement, annual professional development funds, employee discount, friendly work environment and more! To learn more about Comstock Companies and how you can grow your career with our expanding portfolio, please visit: http://www.comstockcompanies.com and apply today!
- Provide Class “A” customer service – building a good rapport with residents and going above and beyond whenever possible
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and cleaning of property both interior and exterior
- Protect and assist in improving the value of the client’s assets
- Perform PM on unit based and building level equipment
- Perform emergency on-call service in a rotation order
- Perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
- Repair and treat structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Make ready units for new move-ins
- Complete grounds work such as grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping
- High School Diploma/GED required; equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement
- Maintenance Technician for a minimum of 1 year
- CFC Universal Certification preferred
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook required
- Building automation systems experience a plus
- Yardi experience a plus
- Current driver's license without major violations
- Outgoing personality with ability to relate to diverse group of people and build strong relationships
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Self-motivated and high energy
- Strong sense of urgency
- Detail-oriented, organized and takes initiative
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work effectively as a team contributor on applicable assignments
- Ability to respond to others’ needs in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to work after hours and weekends, as needed including on-call rotation
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and learn in a growing organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, twist, and/or reach
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds
- Continuous repetitive motions
- Work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or hazards, around dust and/or mite hazards, around chemicals and bio-hazards
ONE COMSTOCK, ONE MISSION: Delivering extraordinary experiences in places people live, work, and play. To support Comstock’s core mission statement, all team members must demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction while promoting professionalism, collaboration, and respect for all individuals and organizations that do business with Comstock.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.