Senior Machine Learning/NLP Engineer (f/m/x)
Tech – Data
Comtravo - Making Business Travel Radically Simple
We are a team of travel experts, tech enthusiasts and customer support heroes – with the shared purpose to simplify business travel.
Comtravo provides small and medium sized companies a truly unique solution. Travellers or travel managers can book and manage their business trips with one simple text message. Using state-of-the-art technologies, such as NLP and machine learning techniques, we are automating our fulfilment pipeline. This enables our in-house travel experts to focus on complex requests and individual needs of our clients. The result: a well designed product with clear advantages.
So, are you ready to turn the B2B travel industry upside down?
- You support our strong data team on all things machine learning
- You improve our machine learning models by implementing, validating and optimizing complex solutions, such as neural network models e.g. in pytorch or other usual suspects
- Your work will focus on our complete automation pipeline. This includes - but is not limited to - NLP challenges
- You dive deep into optimizing the algorithmic workflow together with our data engineers to reduce model training and evaluation times
- You get down the rabbit hole to generate meaningful, interpretable and actionable performance estimates of our data modelling stack
- You are willing to dwell about the dirty details that make the difference between a good and an amazing experience
- You have a degree in computer science, mathematics or a related field
- You have 5 years of professional working or other relevant experience
- You have mastery in python programming
- You have a strong background, both theoretical and practical, in machine learning
- Your experience and knowledge reaches much further than applying neural networks when it comes to machine learning (or let alone data science)
- You stand on solid ground when reasoning about model performance and when comparing models across experiments or time
- You have working experience with at least one of tensorflow, pytorch, keras or any other usual suspect
- You have some experience in handling natural language. Experience with other unstructured data is a plus
- Your experience in building ranking and recommendation systems is likewise a strong plus
- You understand that complex processes generate complex data that require careful thinking and that one probably has to spend more time understanding business processes than coding models to come up with a great solution
- You enjoy both the freedom and the responsibility of being posed challenging questions - not answers. Likewise you enjoy working in a strong team of individuals that has control of and takes responsibility for their decisions
- Finally, very good software development skills are a matter of course to you, including but not limited to structuring code and systems, clean coding style, knowing why and how to write unit and integration tests, using Docker, AWS and git
- You are fluent in English, basic German is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary & flexible working hours
- Attractive benefits for flights and hotels for your personal travels
- Company pension plan
- German classes
- Corporate discounts with external partners
- An exciting job in a High-Tech startup in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe
- Access to a great network of entrepreneurs in Berlin and some of the best travel & B2B investors in EU
- Influence the development of the company
- Cooperation with an extremely strong and competent team, which built up several global businesses
- Transparency with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Company parties, weekly team lunches and a lot more events
- A loft office in the heart of Berlin with everything you need (e.g. free fruits, snacks & drinks)
Interested? Then go ahead and apply now!