Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/x)
Tech – Data
Comtravo - Business travel made simple
We are a team of travel experts, tech enthusiasts and customer support heroes – with the shared purpose to simplify business travel. Comtravo provides small and medium sized companies a truly unique solution. Travellers or travel managers can book and manage their business trips with one simple text message. Using state-of-the-art technologies, such as NLP and machine learning techniques, we are automating our fulfilment pipeline. This enables our in-house travel experts to focus on complex requests and individual needs of our clients.
We need you to support all Machine Learning/Data related modelling activities.
So, are you ready to turn the B2B travel industry upside down?
- You support our strong data team on all things machine learning
- You improve our machine learning models by implementing, validating and optimizing complex neural network models e.g. in pytorch or other usual suspects
- You dive deep into optimizing the algorithmic workflow together with our data engineers to reduce model training and evaluation times
- You get down the rabbit hole to generate meaningful, interpretable and actionable performance estimates of our data modelling stack
- You have a degree in computer science, mathematics or a related field
- You have at least 2 years of professional working experience or a PhD or you can demonstrate to be a "lets get that done person"
- You have mastery in python programming
- You know ML and why "data science" is only remotely related
- You stand on solid ground when reasoning about model performance and when comparing models across experiments or time
- You could use sklearn - but you wouldn't be challenged if you had to build your models yourself
- You have working experience with at least one of tensorflow, pytorch, keras, caffe or any other usual suspect
- Your experience in handling language and more generally structured data is a strong plus
- Your experience in building ranking and recommendation systems is likewise a strong plus
- You understand that complex processes generate complex data that require careful thinking and that one probably has to spend more time understanding business processes than coding models to come up with a great solution
- You enjoy both the freedom and the responsibility of being posed challenging questions - not answers
- You are fluent in English and have solid working experience with Docker, AWS and git
- Good software development skills are a plus, including but not limited to mastering git, knowing why and how to write unit and integration tests
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary & flexible working hours
- Attractive benefits for flights and hotels for your personal travels
- An exciting job in a High-Tech startup in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe
- Access to a great network of entrepreneurs in Berlin and some of the best travel & B2B investors in Europe
- Influence the development of the company
- Cooperation with an extremely strong and competent team, which has already successfully built several global businesses
- Transparency with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Company parties, weekly team lunches and a lot more events
- A loft office in the heart of Berlin with everything you need
Interested? Then go ahead and apply now!