M&A Associate (f/m/x) - Berlin
Mergers & Acquisitions – Mergers & Acquistions /
Comtravo - Empowering Purposeful Business Travel
We are a tech-savvy team of travel professionals and customer service heroes with the common goal of simplifying business travel with an AI-based approach. We've been revolutionizing the business travel market for 6 years and are growing fast with now more than 250 colleagues, backed by top investors like Microsoft, Project A and Creandum.
At Comtravo, we always see challenges as opportunities and thus we see the biggest challenge for the travel industry, the spread of the COVID-19 virus and the limitations it brings, as the biggest opportunity for us. We have successfully adapted our strategy and this has resulted in the strongest growth so far in our successful company history.
If you want to be a part of our success story and also contribute to the success of our customers, then apply now! Become a part of Comtravo and revolutionize the world of business travel with us!
So, are you ready to turn the B2B travel industry upside down?
- You take over ownership for entire deals or large workstreams along the M&A deal cycle, with a focus on either the deal side or the integration side depending on your profile and interest
- You reach out to potential acquisition targets and nurture the deal funnel
- You own the development of business plans for potential acquisitions targets, value their business and derive a purchasing price
- You lead due diligence efforts with internal and external (e.g., lawyers) experts
- You create important offer documentation and prepare negotiations
- You define the integration strategy for acquired travel agencies across all functions
- You coordinate several workstreams of our day-to-day functional integration efforts
- You ensure we are on track to hit our integration milestones
- You are a true sparring partner to our M&A investment team in the due diligence phase, to define business plan and integration assumptions
You are responsible to lead specific knowledge topics to further shape our deal-making and integration playbook and to provide guidance to more junior team members
- You have 2-3 years of experience in a high-paced environment (e.g., top management consulting, investment banking, VC, PE), M&A transaction service or M&A integration experience is a big plus
- You feel comfortable to take over end-to-end ownership for your work, coordinate several workstreams and give guidance and structure to junior team members
- You possess strong process management and interpersonal skills to deal with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- You have great analytical and quantitative skills to conduct, e.g., synergy estimates of potential acquisitions, or business plan analyses
- You have entrepreneurial leadership and judgement to drive the P&L of our acquired assets
- You radiate eagerness to be part of a diverse and highly skilled team and pass on your expertise to more junior team members
- You have the natural ability to communicate well – fluency in English and German is a must
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting job in a High-Tech start-up in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe
- Work in our M&A team along several former McKinsey & Company consultants including daily interactions with our VP M&A & Integrations
- Learn from a team which has already successfully built several global businesses and gain deep knowledge in scaling of start-ups
- Access to a great network of entrepreneurs in Berlin and some of the best travel & B2B investors in Europe
- An environment with flat hierarchies and high transparency where every person is highly valued
- Competitive salary and variable compensation schemes
- 30 days of vacation and the possibility to work flexibly up to four weeks outside of Germany
- A loft office in the heart of Berlin with everything you need (e.g., free fruits, snacks & drinks)
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Attractive benefits for flights and hotels for your personal travels
- Corporate discounts with external partners
Interested? Then go ahead and apply now with your CV.