Data Abstractor I
Data Curation & Clinical
About Concerto HealthAI
Concerto HealthAI is the leading provider of precision health clinical and commercial real-world data and AI solutions to the global pharma community and across the broader healthcare landscape. Our mission is to accelerate drug development, clinical trials, and HEOR analytics to dramatically improve patient outcomes.
Concerto HealthAI is part of a select set of companies backed by SymphonyAI Group (SAI) the largest AI-focused investment firm in the world, which was founded and is led by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a highly successful serial tech entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. Dr. Wadhwani has committed $1 billion in capital to build SAI’s portfolio companies into global leaders that deliver extraordinary new value across diverse industries.
The Data Abstractor navigates electronic medical record systems and other medical databases, reviews medical records, and abstracts medical record data related to specified disease and project requirements. The Data Abstractor works under the direction of the Lead Data Abstractor.
- Access electronic data systems for review of medical records and enter specific data into congruent electronic data systems.
- Review project specific documents, as needed, to develop familiarity with project goals and with the Abstractor tasks in each project.
- Use other resources as needed to gain the knowledge required to perform Abstractor work on new projects.
- Share medical knowledge and project-specific procedural knowledge with other Data Abstractors as needed.
- Interact internally with the other Abstractors, Lead Abstractors, Data Curation Services Manager, Director of Data Curation Services and other staff regarding ongoing and planned projects. May work with partner vendors and IT staff to suggest improvements in hardware and software functionality for Abstractor work. May interact with scientific or medical staff for guidance on medical issues and interpretation of medical record data.
- Contribute to/Update the Abstractor meeting agenda for periodic meetings, as needed.
- Respond promptly to queries issued by the Lead Data Abstractor, Data Curation Services Manager, Director of Data Curation Services or other project personnel.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled. Participate in training sessions for each assigned project. Meet with the Lead Data Abstractor, Data Curation Services Manager, Director of Data Curation Services and other key staff as needed for adjustment of work assignments.
- Conduct additional duties as assigned, including review of selected medical records to assess eligibility for new projects.
- Maintain a professional approach respecting the dignity and confidentiality of associates, managers, and vendors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; OR one to two years related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of training and clinical experience.
- Clinical or research experience in the field of Oncology is highly desirable;
- Experience with medical records, data abstraction, chart audit, or coding is desirable.
- Data entry/computer experience and strong typing skills required.
- Engagement informal/informal on going training, obtaining and maintaining certifications/licensure is required, and membership in professional societies is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and time management skills mandatory.
- Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements, varying training meeting schedules,and database resources that may not always function optimally.
- Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer. Comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new software programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the knowledge of when to seek input from other staff.
- Ability to cope with incomplete medical record data and problem solve to find required information.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk,see, and hear for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Travel May Be Required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Learn More About Concerto HealthAI
Concerto HealthAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about Concerto HealthAI at www.concertohealthai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.