Outcomes Science and Services
About Concerto HealthAI
Concerto HealthAI is the leading provider of precision health clinical and commercial real-world data and AI solutions to the global pharma community and across the broader healthcare landscape. Our mission is to accelerate drug development, clinical trials, and HEOR analytics to dramatically improve patient outcomes.
Concerto HealthAI is part of a select set of companies backed by SymphonyAI Group (SAI) the largest AI-focused investment firm in the world, which was founded and is led by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a highly successful serial tech entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. Dr. Wadhwani has committed $1 billion in capital to build SAI’s portfolio companies into global leaders that deliver extraordinary new value across diverse industries.
Concerto HealthAI is a fast growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. Our dynamic, fun and highly experienced team is looking for an Associate Director to join us. As an Associate Director in the Outcomes Science and Services group, you’ll be responsible for scientific oversight of studies conducted using Concerto HealthAI’s industry leading and cutting edge healthcare data resources.
As an Associate Director on our team, you will lead studies under the supervision of a Senior Director in the group, and be responsible for planning, budgeting, timelines, and financial oversight of projects dedicated to improving our understanding of patients’ cancer outcomes and answering other oncology-related research questions. As an Associate Director you’ll interact with clients as you design, propose, and implement these projects. Our team works in a cross-functional environment with representatives from other functions such as our Data Products and Artificial Intelligence groups. The Associate Director will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products. This role is based out of our headquarters in Boston and reports to the Senior Director, Outcomes Science & Services.
- This position involves responsibility to supervise the activity of other support staff such as Research Scientists or Senior Research Scientists, or others who provide project management, data collection, medical writing or biostatistical services on studies managed by the Associate Director.
- Develops and assists in the development of study proposals, including project budget and timeline.
- Drafts and Reviews study proposals for appropriateness of research design, sample size, and planned analysis.
- Reviews and revises study protocols for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Outcomes Science and Services, provides project leadership, including defining work to be assigned to project managers, programmers, consultants, and statisticians. Tracks study progress to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
- Defines exploratory statistical analysis consistent with study aims.
- Reviews analyses for adherence to planned statistical procedures. Reviews and revises written presentation of study findings.
- Discusses key study-related decisions with supervisory staff.
- Interacts internally with the Senior Director, Outcomes Science and Services and other scientific and executive staff regarding ongoing and planned research.
- Interacts externally with customers and industry representatives regarding existing, planned, or potential research.
- Communicates effectively with management and customers regarding overall project plans, project details, deadlines and priorities.
- Conducts telephone and face to face meetings with customers regarding study progress, interim findings, and development of deliverables.
- Develops drafts of abstracts, posters, final reports, and manuscripts, and assists in the development of these.
- Follows company policy and procedures regarding quality control, data security, and the ethical conduct of research involving human subjects.
- Abides by the provisions of the HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in other projects as assigned.
- Doctoral degree and two years related research experience, or Master’s degree and five years related research experience, or equivalent training and experience.
- Doctoral level understanding of scientific research processes, with concomitant understanding of data management and statistical analysis relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of health economics, epidemiology, psychometrics, and a deeper knowledge of biostatistical methods may be helpful. Must have familiarity with basic office productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word).
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages such as SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to speak and present information in small groups of customers, suppliers, or employees of the company.
- Ability to apply principles of scientific research to the development and review of documents proposing and reporting the results of outcome science studies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities for work activity, and solve practical problems.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, correspondence.
Learn More About Concerto HealthAI
Concerto HealthAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about Concerto HealthAI at www.concertohealthai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.