Vice President, Legal & Contracts Management
Finance & Operations
About Concerto HealthAI
Concerto HealthAI is the leading provider of precision health clinical and commercial real-world data and AI solutions to the global pharma community and across the broader healthcare landscape. Our mission is to accelerate drug development, clinical trials, and HEOR analytics to dramatically improve patient outcomes.
Concerto HealthAI is part of a select set of companies backed by SymphonyAI Group (SAI) the largest AI-focused investment firm in the world, which was founded and is led by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a highly successful serial tech entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. Dr. Wadhwani has committed $1 billion in capital to build SAI’s portfolio companies into global leaders that deliver extraordinary new value across diverse industries.
The VP, Legal & Contracts Management is a highly visible role responsible for the oversight of the company’s contracts, legal and corporate compliance functions. This role will report directly to the CFO and will play an integral part in supporting, negotiating and structuring complex partnerships, licensing and other transactions, including post-deal integration, into the operating fabric of the organization.
The person will also maintain contracting policies, including escalations and approval procedures for non-standard terms, assist the sales team with ongoing administration of client contracts, advise the CFO and CEO on contractual terms and risk. This individual will need to keep abreast upcoming regulations and trends that may impact Concerto HealthAI’s business and proactively identify business-minded and cost effective compliance options for executive management in an environment with limited resources. We are searching for someone who will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and with experience in healthcare and privacy. This individual will be passionate, authentic, proactive, have excellent judgment and the ability to quickly earn the trust and respect of internal and external clients. They will be a business minded attorney with a JD from an accredited law school.
- Conduct various contract-related research, projects, and other duties as assigned by the CFO and CEO.
- Participates in issuance of and/or management of solicitations (RFP, bidding, etc.).
- Structure, review, draft, and negotiate all of Concerto HealthAI’s legal documentation and contracts, including but not limited to, customer contracts, vendor contracts, SaaS agreements, data licensing and data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements, partnership structure proposals, SOWs, etc.
- Functions as subject matter expert in evaluating and providing counsel to the executive team on healthcare regulatory and privacy laws and issues.
- Develop, revise and maintain Concerto HealthAI’s template contractual agreements.
- Develop playbooks and sales training.
- Collaborate with various business functions in connection with driving timely deal negotiation.
- Coordinate and assist in developing policies, procedures and systems to support and facilitate efficient contract development and analysis.
- Provide day-to-day counsel to company stakeholders on general corporate and compliance matters and risk management.
- Exercise excellent judgment in making legal and business decisions while providing contract interpretations and business-minded guidance to internal teams to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Post signing contract management, including training and hand-off to key company stakeholders, amendments, ongoing business support and counsel.
- Partners with global cross-functional teams in order to quickly resolve legal and business challenges.
- Develops, maintains, coordinates and leads contracting processes, including negotiating and interfacing with both internal and external parties (outside counsel, regulators, client/vendor legal departments, etc.).
- Along with the CFO, develops, designs and oversees compliance with corporate “Grant of Authority”.
- Maintain a centralized corporate document repository including all key legal documents and contracts.
- Develops IP strategy for the company, external IP counsel, and internal IP processes.
- Develop privacy compliance strategy and associated policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant data privacy regulations, including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA and others.
- Manages and coordinates the use of external counsel.
- Identifies areas of potential legal and enterprise risk (i.e.HiPPAA, Privacy, etc.) and compiles action plans to appropriately manage and minimize such risks.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school is required.
- 5-7 years of experience is required with a minimum of three (3), years of experience drafting and negotiating complex, strategic contract strategies and offerings.
- Strong In-house Contract experience in healthcare focused on negotiating with procurement as well as designing and developing contracts for multiple settings
- IP contract experience as it relates to technology development.
- Healthcare industry knowledge and experience including HIPPA, GDPR, Data Privacy and Security.
- Proven ability to maintain customer rapport with negotiation expertise in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to work closely with a CFO to manage contract-rev rec issues.
- Knowledge of contract, commercial and general business laws and regulations.
- Strong contract drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust and work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data.
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Learn More About Concerto HealthAI
Concerto HealthAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about Concerto HealthAI at www.concertohealthai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.