Front End Engineer
Real-time data is revolutionising our lives. Every business today must have data available to compete. That's why real-time data processing is the fastest-growing segment of business computing. Conduktor is a platform that sits on top of any data streaming technology, ensuring companies across the world maximise the value of their data.
Our team is distributed across London, New York, and Paris, and we are looking for people who are excited by our mission and want to share this journey with us.
About the role
We are looking for a curious and capable Engineer, who is eager to learn and work as part of our Frontend Engineering team (internally named Team Rubberducks! 🐤). On a day-to-day basis, you'll be working on our main product which is used by thousands of developers to explore their data and solve their challenges when working with Apache Kafka. Alongside helping our team develop our UI library, you'll also be working with our Design team to help integrate their work into the front end. We are highly collaborative and are ideally looking for someone who enjoys working with others, sharing ideas, and always looking for ways to improve their own and others' contributions.
This is a hybrid role and we are looking for folks to join us onsite twice a week at our London base in Chancery Lane. We try to come in on Mondays and Wednesdays.
What will you be doing?
- Using this tech stack: React, TypeScript, and GraphQL
- Ideating and implementing interesting features for our end users
- Working and collaborating with our UI/UX Design team to ensure our user experience is flawless including improving performance and navigation and helping to integrate design work into the frontend
- Working with our backend teams (Scala backends) using GraphQL and OpenAPI to ensure seamless integration with the server side
- Bringing your Front-end experience to improve our overall code quality, tools and processes. Actively contributing to the development of best practices within the team is important to us as we are always open to new ways of working
What experience are we looking for?
- You have worked with GraphQL andOpenAPI in production
- You are naturally curious and eager to always be learning and improving. One of our core company values is “we learn”
- You’re highly collaborative, enjoy helping others in both your immediate and wider teams and actively contribute your ideas and thoughts to meetings and brainstorming sessions
- You have excellent communication skills; we value giving feedback and contributing both verbally and in writing
- You have had some exposure to testing on the front end
- You care about emerging trends and technologies in front-end development
Nice to have
- As a bonus, you have a background working for a company where realtime data has been at the heart of the product. Everything we are doing revolves around data, so if you have experience and a mindset driven towards this it will be a big plus!
Perks and Benefits
- 25 days PTO + public holidays
- Pension contribution
- Top-tier private health insurance package
- Technical equipment stipend
- Employee referral scheme
- Company-wide events and team socials
- Our office is dog friendly! Our resident pooches Lexi and Honey are always looking for furry colleagues to join them. 🐶
Equal Opportunity Statement
Fostering an inclusive environment is vital to us, and we want to bring people on board who share our values. We admire those who love collaborating, strive to learn, and are excited by our mission. If you are interested in this role, we would love for you to apply!
Conduktor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, protected veteran, or parental status.