Head of Education Services
Mountain View, California /
Customer Solutions – Professional Services /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Confluent is seeking a strong and passionate educational visionary to lead and grow the global Education department. This successful candidate will be an educational pioneer who is capable of transforming Confluent’s education business and growing the demand for event streaming services in the market through innovative, world class education.
This individual will collaborate with our c-suite, business development, customer success, and marketing leaders to execute on all educational strategies. This leader has proven their ability to motivate others inside and outside the organization. Vital to this role is the ability to drive the adoption of education to all prospective event streaming learners as well as partners and Confluent customers.
This successful individual will provide strategic direction and oversight on Confluent’s educational strategy and will assess the overall impact and effectiveness of all Global learning programs using best-in-class benchmarks. They will be skilled at making decisions based on deep data analysis as well as market intelligence.
Ideally, this successful candidate would have a track record with experience in the software industry.
You will need an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to communicate educational vision in an energizing and inspirational way. Your high EQ and exceptional interpersonal skills will help you establish strong partnerships and develop a high performing team. You will have a strong and proven background in managing an education services business, including P&L experience and data-driven decision making.
What you can expect to work on:
- Educational Business Strategy: Aligning to C-level and company initiatives. Driving Education as a core tenant in Confluent’s mission. Setting and managing goals and P&L to balance the business needs
- Content and Curriculum Development: working across Confluent departments, establishing an enterprise content strategy and development engine. Oversee development of an iterative, on-demand-first content portfolio capable of numerous delivery uses. Build, maintain and continually evolve and enhance curriculum and learning paths, across multiple personas
- Certifications Strategy: establish and oversee the development of a multi-tiered, multi-persona certification strategy
- Education Operations and Governance: guiding best-in-class operations across content development processes, delivery and certification participant scheduling, infrastructure and educational delivery systems, and financial performance reporting
- Delivery: guiding a multi-channel education content delivery program, including e-learning, video, instructional design and delivery (private, public, virtual), and through educational partners organizations. Talent development, coaching, and mentoring: building a high-performing team of smart, humble, and empathetic education professionals
- Community building: working with Marketing, developing a community of education champions advocating for Confluent’s vision
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of 10-years in the training/educational/learning field
- Demonstrated success in delivering global-scale education programsPrevious experience introducing e-learning/distance learning initiatives
- The ability to lead a dispersed, predominantly remote-based global team
- Proven success meeting quarterly goalsBachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in an educational field preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience working in an open source technology / community environment
- Experience working in an agile software development team and familiarity with scrum best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
About the team:
Love technology and care about customers? We do! The Customer Solutions Group team consists of smart people who are passionate about earning our customer’s love and helping them realize business value from their Confluent software. We’re journey obsessed, proactively guiding customer success motions. We’re value-oriented, opinionated and provocative, innovative thought leaders who work together to win as a team. We’re geeks with a heart who get to work with very cool software at some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.