Sales Development Representative - German Speaking
London, England /
Growth & Marketing – Sales Development /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We're looking for a Sales Development Representative who will assist our field sales team follow-up with inbound opportunities and prospect/generate new leads. We’re looking for a hunter who has a track record of success and possesses polished phone and writing skills. The Sales Development Representative understands and enjoys cutting-edge enterprise technology, prospecting, learning, and ultimately wants to establish a career in sales. This role has the opportunity to grow into a full sales position in the future.
Our office is located at Charring Cross near Covent Garden and you will be required to work from the office daily.
What We're Looking For:
- Qualify inbound leads and set up meetings to hand off to our Account Executives
- Outbound prospecting targeting strategic accountsInbound / Outbound mix approximately 70/30
- Collaborate closely with Field Sales to establish an outbound account penetration plan, including target companies, prospects, and messaging/talk-tracks
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our demand generation process
- Meet/exceed quarterly qualified leads quota to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions
- Fluency in German language at a business level
- Some experience in a similar business development role
What Gives You An Edge:
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of outbound calling activity every day while maintaining a positive and energetic persona
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Enterprise technology aptitude
- History of over-achievement
- Degree required
Here's what we can offer you:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Delicious Food on us (twice a week)
- Excellent office location: Centred near bustling Covent Garden- there is a plethora of places to eat and drink with your team!
- Private Medical Insurance via a Premier provider which includes Dental (previous medical history disregarded) & discounts on gym membership
- Life Insurance & Income Protection Insurance
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.