Software Engineer, Cloud Control Plane
Mountain View, California /
Engineering – Platform Infrastructure /
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Software Engineer, Cloud Control Plane, you will be designing and implementing a distributed control plane to manage the life cycle of Confluent Platform using Container Orchestration Frameworks such as Kubernetes and Mesos. Control Plane is responsible for unified cluster management of Confluent Platform across cloud providers and on-prem data centers including provisioning, auto scaling, monitoring and auto-remediation. We are looking for engineers with a strong desire to build planet-scale, extensible control plane with a strong emphasis on user experience.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure frameworks
- Deep expertise in building distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of these programming languages - Go, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable, and resilient systems
- Solid understanding of container orchestration framework (such as Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm, or Mesos)
- Familiarity with using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc.)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience in building control planes (virtualization, software-defined networking/storage)
- Experience building APIs - both RESTful and gRPC/Thrift based
- Familiarity with infra such as networking, storage, and security in data centers
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes operators, Helm, or StatefulSets
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Experience in app deployment and config management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.