Software Engineer, Cloud Control Plane
Mountain View, California /
Engineering – Backend Engineering /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
As a Software Engineer, Cloud Control Plane, you will be designing and implementing a distributed control plane to manage the life cycle of Confluent Platform using Container Orchestration Frameworks such as Kubernetes and Mesos. Control plane is responsible for unified cluster management of Confluent Platform across cloud providers and on-prem data centers including provisioning, auto scaling, monitoring and auto-remediation. We are looking for engineers with a strong desire to build planet-scale, extensible control plane with a strong emphasis on user experience.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure-frameworks
- Deep expertise in building distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of Go, C++, Java or Python required
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable resilient systems
- Solid understanding of Container Orchestration framework (such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesos)
- Familiarity with using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience in building control planes in one or more of virtualization, software defined networking/storage
- Experience building APIs, both RESTful and gRPC/Thrift based
- Familiarity with Infra such as Networking, Storage and Security in data centers
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes operators, Helm or StatefulSets
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Experience in App deployment and config management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.