Sales Development Representative (South Korea)
Seoul, South Korea /
Sales – Sales Development /
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We're looking for an Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will assist our Enterprise field sales team in finding and developing qualified opportunities. We’re looking for a hunter who has a track record of success and possesses polished phone and writing skills. The Sales Development Representative understands and enjoys cutting-edge enterprise technology, prospecting, learning, and ultimately wants to establish a career in sales. This role has the opportunity to grow into a full sales position in the future and has a well established internal promotion track.
About the Role:
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for the Confluent sales team. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a clear career growth path within Confluent for the right candidate that is willing to learn, work hard, and succeed.
We have a office in Seoul, and we prefer candidates who can commute to the office if needed.
What You'll Do:
- As a Sales Development Representative, you will be prospecting into Strategic accounts to secure meetings, and to identify and qualify sales opportunities.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders.
- Provide potential prospects with information about Confluent and our product value.
- Conduct conversations with decision makers from key target organizations
- Collaborate closely with highly experienced and tenured Strategic and Enterprise Sales Account Executives and Regional Sales Directors.
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our opportunity qualification and pipeline creation process.
- Meet and exceed quarterly quota to ensure pipeline objectives, with the support of managers and team mates who are committed to your success.
- Join a structured Sales training program with clear milestones, and an established career progression plan for strong performers.
- Participate in regular Sales enablement sessions, learning from the best in the business, and helping you develop the skills to excel in a Sales career.
What Gives You An Edge:
- 9+ months of Sales experience, either in a Sales Development, Account Executive, Business Development, Customer Success or other related capacity
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of daily activities while maintaining a positive and energetic attitude
- Experience interacting with customers and prospects, doing discovery calls and identifying sales opportunities
- Enterprise technology aptitude, open source technology knowledge is a plus
- Background using CRM and sales engagement applications
- Passion for Sales and desire to excel
- Enthusiastic team player
- An appetite to sell to technology choice makers
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.