Platform Security Engineer
Remote, United States /
Engineering – Security Engineering /
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work on high impact security aspects of the Confluent Cloud and Confluent Platform. Key challenges and opportunities here include collaborating with multiple engineering teams, designing and implementing mission critical features, and an opportunity to show thought leadership in a new space!
- Design, implement, and maintain platform security features
- Collaborate with various Confluent Engineering groups to provide subject matter expertise related to platform security
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ Years combined proficiency in Java or Go
- 2+ Years experience implementing cross component or distributed systems features
- 1+ Years experience working with Kubernetes, Helm Charts
- Experience in one or more of the following security areas: Encryption and Key Management, Auditing, Lineage, and Governance or Identity and Authentication.
- Working knowledge of TLS
- Experience with TLS, JSSE , wireshark, tcpdump
- Familiar with concepts of big data- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NoSql
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in team with excellent spoken / written communication
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, GCP
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.