Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Confluent Platform
Mountain View, California /
Growth & Marketing – Product Marketing /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Team:
As the CP Sr. Product Marketing Manager (PMM) you will be responsible for creating clear and compelling messaging to educate customers, sales, and influencers around the value of CP. You will equip Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams with sales tools and marketing material to position the product, business outcomes, and competitive differentiators while leading cross-functional teams to launch new products to market. Finally, you will strive to drive funnel growth by supporting communications, web optimization, campaigns, events and more in collaboration with the marketing team.
About the Role:
To be a successful candidate you will have a proven track record in Product Marketing for high-tech companies, with demonstrated ability to link technology to business value. You should have exceptional leadership skills to drive execution of cross-functional efforts, an ability to understand market drivers, target audiences, and competitive landscape. You also should have excellent communication skills, capable of writing and presenting about the product, both to internal and external audiences, in a way that influences the desired behavior.
- Conduct market research to understand market drivers, target audiences and competitive landscape
- Craft the messaging and positioning to convey the value of Confluent Platform
- Create compelling, high-quality content for internal and external stakeholders
- Define the content strategy to ensure comprehensive and updated marketing
- Drive product launches, ensuring that Marketing and Sales are enabled
- Work closely with the Marketing team to permeate product messaging across web and other customer facing communication vehicles
- Support funnel growth activities, such as blog posts, press releases, SEO, campaigns, and technology events
- Present to Sales and customers at both internal and external events
- Interact with customers to gain insights and help perfect your own strategy
- Benchmark and assess the impact of your work against key business metrics
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5+ years of experience in B2B technology product marketing roles
- MBA or equivalent experience (e.g., management consulting) required; Computer science / engineering / technical undergrad degree highly preferred
- Understanding of cloud markets, open source technologies, and subscription business models preferred
- Demonstrated track record developing messaging and positioning
- Ability to understand the dynamics between technology and business value
- Self-motivated individual with a drive to results in fast-paced environments
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Team player who thrives on cross-functional team wins
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.