Senior Product Designer
Mountain View, California /
Product – Design & User Experience /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
The Design Team at Confluent is excited to make our technology easy to use and accessible to users around the world. Whether you’re building a new iOS app as a hobby or working at some of the world’s most influential companies, our goal is to make using our streaming platform so easy you’re just focused on your ideas, not the infrastructure that supports them. As a Product Designer, you will be deeply involved in our entire product development process. You’ll partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to apply your product thinking, design skills, and creativity to make intuitive, beautiful products that’ll define our company.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers and Engineers to build products that help our customers ship radical new products and ideas that rely on streaming data.
- Come up with elegant solutions that delight users through function and form.
- Find ways to use design to help the world think about collecting, storing, and processing data in an entirely new paradigm.
- Articulate your ideas and recommendation to a variety of stakeholders across the company.
- Guide our product vision based on testing, feedback, data, and our business goals.
- Contribute to and maintain our design system.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or 6+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to innovate like crazy and design your way through the toughest problems.Good at taking abstract problems and finding the best path forward.
- Skilled at designing broad, reusable patterns.Thrive off giving and receiving great feedback.Experience running user studies is a plus.
- Skilled at high fidelity prototyping in tools like Framer, Origami, and web is a plus.
- Super excited about working with a passionate team and building products that change the way users rely on data to drive their business and products.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.