Deal Desk Manager
Boston, Massachusetts /
Sales – Sales Operations /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Confluent is growing at an incredible rate with a huge amount of that growth in our sales organization. We are looking for a Deal Desk Manager to support our AMER Northeast, Southeast, and LATAM regional sales teams and based in our Boston or New York office. This is an individual contributor role and will not have direct reports. This role reports into the Sr Manager of AMER Deal Desk and will support our sales teams with deal shaping, quotes, contracts, and pricing and have an opportunity to work cross-functionally throughout our organization. For this role, an analytical mindset, innate curiosity, and attention to detail are imperative.
- Manage complex, nonstandard deals with multiple cross-functional partners
- Provide stakeholders with deal analysis and visibility into contract complexity
- Advise sales on deal structures, pricing strategies, commercial terms, and approvals
- Partner with Sales to ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce including stage, probability, booking amount, and various other required fields
- Craft intelligent deal structures that increase revenue while mitigating contractual risks
- Partner with Revenue and Legal teams to craft contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies
- Drive consistency across deal process by helping to optimize, streamline, and align quote-to-cash processes
- Monitor deal progress and support Sales with closing bookings
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- 5+ years experience in Deal Desk, Sales Ops, contracts, and/or pricing
- Experience partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Sales, other SalesOps team members, Legal, Finance, Product Marketing, and Product Management
- Experience working with remote sales and business partner teams
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate information across teams
- Proven project management experience and ability to own and run deals end-to-end
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and multitask effectively
- Innate curiosity and not afraid to ask thoughtful questions
- Energetic, dedicated, and ambitious
- Salesforce CPQ experience preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.