Developer Productivity Engineer
Palo Alto, California
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. We’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work in their career. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Team
At Confluent, the Developer Productivity team’s vision is to empower engineers to develop and deliver Confluent Platform into the cloud and on-premise with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive systems, automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
As a software engineer on this team you will have direct impact on our core products by
designing and implementing build automation, packaging and containerization solutions for all products. Building the end-to-end CI/CD deployment pipeline for automatic deployment and release of both cloud and on-premise platform. Designing and developing the distributed testing framework and infrastructure to perform extensive integration, performance and resiliency testing at scale. Identifying and solving inefficiencies with tools to improve productivity (while enjoying automating everything). Defining standardized practices to champion great engineering culture across the company.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Strong software design and development skills
- Proficient in a major programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Go)
- Working knowledge of development systems such as Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in automating release, continuous integration/delivery system, and relevant tools (e.g. Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Travis CI, etc)
- Experience with configuration management, distributed testing and benchmarking / load generation systems
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)
- Working knowledge of database and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hbase, Voldemort, Vault, Espresso, Cassandra, Kafka)