Engineering Manager, Billing Platform (Backend)
Mountain View, California
Engineering – Engineering Leadership
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
The goal of the Billing Platform team is to build an accurate, reliable, scalable, and functionally rich billing engine for our fully managed multi-cloud solution: Confluent Cloud. Billing Platform is the engine that enables monetization of Confluent Platform components in the cloud, such as Kafka, Connectors, ksqlDB, and others, and provides the source of truth data for customer incurred charges. Along with being a solid piece of infrastructure it provides rich functionality that allows fast product iteration. We are looking for a Backend Software Engineering Manager excited about building the Billing Platform.
Some relevant posts about consumption-based billing:
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 2 - 5 years of engineering management experience leading high functioning teams
- Rigorous. Billing Platform deals with real money. You deeply care about external and internal software quality
- Platform mindset: it is one thing to implement a specific business requirement, it’s another to build a generic platform that is future proof
- Experience running production services in public clouds, with a drive towards operational excellence
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience with incident management and postmortem processes
- Ability to hire great talent, motivate, coach and mentor engineers, handle performance management
- Ability to influence the team, peers and upper management with focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.