Confluent is one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley. Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka, Confluent provides a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams. In addition to our enterprise platform, we recently launched our cloud offering, Apache Kafka as a Service, which will allow companies of all sizes to leverage the power of streaming data.
Confluent recently closed $50 million in funding at our series C with investors such as Sequoia, Benchmark and Index Ventures. In 2016, we tripled our headcount, opened an office in the UK, signed over 100 partners and hired our go to market team. Join us on our mission to put a streaming platform at the heart of every company.
Confluent is looking for a technical Curriculum Developer. Working with subject matter experts and instructors—and eventually becoming a subject matter expert yourself—you will be responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining our curriculum of instructor-led and online training courses covering Apache Kafka and the Confluent Platform. Training is a core part of Confluent’s Developer Experience strategy, and you will be a key member of the team.
You will need to become an expert in Apache Kafka and its associated technologies very quickly, so a strong technical background, including knowledge of Java and Linux, is required. You will be a self-starter, comfortable working on your own sometimes and with a team other times—but always always supported. This is a technical position, so you will almost certainly already be a technical curriculum developer or instructor.
We are a remote-first team, and will accept candidates from anywhere in the US.
What we're looking for:
- A track record of creating high-quality technical materials, either in the form of training course documents or solution and deployment guides
- The ability to explain complex technical subjects in a clear, concise manner
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Java
- You have used or developed material for distributed systems technologies
- Experience creating on-demand training materials
- Knowledge of curriculum design methodologies
- Experience with next-generation/non-PPT curriculum tooling
- A fanatical attention to detail
- The ability to work on your own initiative and develop courses from scratch
- Very strong grasp of the English language
- An unremittingly positive attitude
What gives you an edge:
- Experience as a technology instructor, with a customer-friendly mindset
- You have used or developed material for Apache Kafka
- Experience working on open source products
- You have some development experience with Java or Scala
- You want to be a part of a diverse team with big goals
Confluent is an infrastructure company focused on real-time data streams founded by the original authors of Apache Kafka. We offer an open-source enterprise-class stream data platform with Apache Kafka at its core and other features to accelerate application development and simplify ongoing operations.
Founded in September of 2014, with $31 million in capital raised, we have tripled in size over the last 6 months and have aspirations of aggressive growth over the next 12 months. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Confluent, we value working with smart, humble and empathetic people across every team. Our goal is to remove any obstacles for our teams and individuals, allowing you to do the best work of your life.
To help you do that, our benefits include: generous vacation policy, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage based on your location, a monthly fitness allowance and free lunch and munchies.