Backed by Index Ventures, Benchmark, and Sequoia Capital, Confluent is one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley. Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka, Confluent provides a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams. In addition to our enterprise platform, we recently launched our cloud offering, Apache Kafka as a Service, which will allow companies of all sizes to leverage the power of streaming data. Join us on our mission to put a streaming platform at the heart of every company!
Confluent is looking for a technical Curriculum Developer. Working with subject matter experts and instructors—and eventually becoming a subject matter expert yourself—you will be responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining our curriculum of instructor-led and online training courses covering Apache Kafka and the Confluent Platform. Training is a core part of Confluent’s Developer Experience strategy, and you will be a key member of the team.
You will need to become an expert in Apache Kafka and its associated technologies very quickly, so a strong technical background, including knowledge of Java and Linux, is required. You will be a self-starter, comfortable working on your own sometimes and with a team other times—but always always supported. This is a technical position, so you will almost certainly already be a technical curriculum developer or instructor.
We are a remote-first team, and will accept candidates from anywhere in the US.
What we're looking for:
- A track record of creating high-quality technical materials, either in the form of training course documents or solution and deployment guides
- The ability to explain complex technical subjects in a clear, concise manner
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Java
- You have used or developed material for distributed systems technologies
- Experience creating on-demand training materials
- Knowledge of curriculum design methodologies
- Experience with next-generation/non-PPT curriculum tooling
- A fanatical attention to detail
- The ability to work on your own initiative and develop courses from scratch
- Very strong grasp of the English language
- An unremittingly positive attitude
What gives you an edge:
- Experience as a technology instructor, with a customer-friendly mindset
- You have used or developed material for Apache Kafka
- Experience working on open source products
- You have some development experience with Java or Scala
- You want to be a part of a diverse team with big goals
Confluent is an infrastructure company focused on real-time data streams founded by the original authors of Apache Kafka. We offer an open-source enterprise-class stream data platform with Apache Kafka at its core and other features to accelerate application development and simplify ongoing operations.
Founded in September of 2014, with $31 million in capital raised, we have tripled in size over the last 6 months and have aspirations of aggressive growth over the next 12 months. We look forward to hearing from you!