Customer Success Technical Architect (US Remote Friendly)
Remote, Texas /
Customer Solutions – Customer Success Engineering & Global Technical Support /
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is searching for a Customer Success Technical Architect (CSTA) to join a growing team in its early stages. This individual will serve as the technical champion for many of our enterprise customers. In this role, you will function as the primary point of contact for all technical, product and support questions on a day-to-day basis and will coordinate with the various Confluent teams to ensure that Confluent team resources are leveraged efficiently to make your customers successful.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build broad experience with Kafka, the Confluent Platform and work with a variety of organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. Throughout all of these interactions, you will build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun helping our customers build state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognized as leaders in this space.
Locations: US Remote
A typical week at Confluent, in this role, may involve:
- Champion and advocate for the customer within Confluent - you will be the voice of the customer and will have to coordinate between Confluent’s Sales, Product, Services, Support and Training teams to drive customer success
- Developing and presenting periodical customer reviews to Confluent senior management
- When necessary, roll up your sleeves and dig in to help address customer issues alongside Confluent Support Engineers and Core Engineering
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist Support Engineers and Professional Services teams in better serving your customers
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments and use cases to influence the roadmap of Confluent products
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planningHelp to educate your accounts on best practices for using Confluent platform
- When necessary, recommend proactive measures to help customers avoid issues and to ensure customer success (e.g. professional services engagements, training sessions, on-site visits, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated success in Customer Success, Customer Support or Professional Services function for a product / SAAS company with enterprise customers
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Ability to learn new technology quickly, as well as a strong interest in doing so!
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with operating Linux, you know how to configure, tune and troubleshoot both RedHat & Debian based distributions
- Exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful B2B infrastructure software development projects
- Project management experience, as you’ll need to be able to coordinate across various Confluent teams to ensure success for your accounts
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline oriented startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and deliver results across multiple initiatives such as driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to meet with your accounts
- Previous experience helping customers build solutions that use Apache Kafka alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products (plus)
- Prior experience working for a technology startup (plus)
- Proficiency in Java (plus)
- Confluent Certified Developer or Confluent Certified Administrator (https://www.confluent.io/certification/)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.