Solutions Architect - Government Focus
Canberra, Australia /
Customer Solutions – Professional Services /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Solutions Architects drive customer success by helping them realise business value from the burgeoning flow of realtime data streams in their organisations. In this role you’ll interact directly with our customers to provide expert consultancy, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases. Throughout all of these interactions, you’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun building state-of-the-art data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognised as leaders in this space.
The role requires travel across APAC, to work on-site with our customers in the region. You'll be based in Australia with the ability to travel to client engagements as required.
What we're looking for:
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka
- Exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful B2B infrastructure software development projects
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or other quantitative field
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- A minimum of 5 year's experience in a Professional Services role
- Prior experience of regular business travel around the region
- Ability to travel up to 50% of your time to client engagements
What gives you an edge:
- Previous experience building solutions that use Apache Kafka alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Any other languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.