Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate - Remote - US
Remote, California /
Finance & Administration – Financial Planning & Analysis /
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Corporate FP&A team. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in building a strong, scalable financial foundation for a fast-growing company with significant market opportunity. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, aspires to bring structure to the unstructured, and enjoys collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The individual will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as strategic finance partner with People business leaders on global programs by translating business initiatives and goals into financial plans
- Proactively manage expense variance analysis, planning, and forecasting on bonus, equity, insurance, payroll taxes, time off, etc
- Develop and deliver management reporting to communicate key trends, risks, and opportunities
- Define and refine driver-based forecasts by developing a deep understanding of global compensation and benefits programs and incorporating business and statutory changes
- Partner with Finance Systems team to execute global rate and model changes in Anaplan
- Liaise cross-functionally (benefits, payroll, FP&A, accounting, etc) to continually drive forecast accuracy, improve data quality, and establish rigor in measuring and monitoring the business
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support operational and strategic decision making
What You Will Bring:
- Prior related experience with demonstrated finance and accounting acumen; record of progressive achievement leveraging data to influence business decision making
- Effective communicator with the ability to distill complex information and elevate for high-level consumption by executives
- High aptitude for problem solving and financial modeling
- Detail-oriented and organized, with focus on accuracy and completeness
- Experience with or willingness to master financial and reporting systems; prior experience with Anaplan and NetSuite a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; proficient with Google Workspace
- Team player with ability to thrive amidst change and ambiguity in fast-growing organization
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.