Enterprise Account Executive
Seattle, Washington /
Sales – Enterprise Sales /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role
The Enterprise Account Executive will play a key role in driving Confluent’s sales activities in region. This role includes activities developing and executing on the go-to-market strategy for named accounts within the Bay Area. The ideal candidate needs to have experience selling complex Database, Messaging, Big Data, Open Source and/or SaaS into large corporate and multinational companies.
- Build awareness for Kafka and Confluent within large enterprises
- Aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Close business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing Confluent partners
- Create and execute go to market plans that are based on viral methods and organic growth
What We're Looking For:
- At least 5+ years of sales experience
- Deep experience selling within the Database, Open Source, Messaging or Big Data space.
- Significant experience in a Sales and/or Business Development role within a similar start-up and high growth organization
- An ability to articulate and sell the business value of big data and the big impact on businesses of all sizes
- Experience selling to developers and C levels
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.