Sr. Web Designer
Mountain View, California /
Growth & Marketing – Interactive /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Confluent is looking for a Sr. Web Designer with crazy-good design skills, with a user-centric design approach. You must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience designing and shipping online experiences that are both memorable and thoughtful. We need you to make an immediate impact and help us to define the overall design direction of the Confluent brand and story online.
- Design page layouts and interactions to create aesthetic and functional designs from concept to completion considering functionality and aesthetics
- Evolve our web style guide and design systems
- Work closely with other designers, engineers, marketers and data analysts
- Present and defend designs to stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Use research and data and collaborate with the data team to inform design decisions
- Help strategize and define our web experiences
- Work collaboratively with engineers to execute designsContribute to brainstorming and idea generation sessions and take charge when needed
- 5-7 years of experience designing, strategizing and systematizing complex web experiences and brand systems
- An amazing portfolio of responsive website design samples
- A solid and demonstrable understanding of UXEffectively communicate and identify areas of improvement
- Manage your time, juggle many tasks and meet deadlines – while having a good attitude.
- Portfolio of strong work that showcases that experience
- Experience designing websites built with HTML5, CSS3, LESS, Bootstrap, jQueryComfortable in ambiguity or when requirements are up in the air.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Proficient in graphic design principles (typography, grids, layout, color), UX, UI, and IxD
- Desire to have a direct hand in transforming and growing our brand
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in designing for mobile responsiveness and using responsive frameworks like Bootstrap or CSS grids
- Designing within pre-established guidelinesUp-to-date with current design best practices and technology
- A strong business sense, and understands how your designs affect the bottom line
- A quantitative and qualitative understanding of why your design works or doesn’t
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Self-starter, someone who is dedicated to crafting and improving designs and processes
- Able to work in San Francisco and Mountain View
Nice to have
- Proficient at illustration, video editing, photography, or 3D design, animation, or whatever
- Love of Visual Storytelling
Come join an amazing team of truly talented creatives that believe in each other and Confluent.
If you think you’re a good fit, include a cover letter, resume, and a link to your online portfolio with your application. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.