Engagement Manager - Northeast
New York City, New York /
Customer Solutions – Professional Services /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We are looking for an Engagement Manager joining our Professional Services team under the Customer Success organization. As an Engagement Manager you will assure Customer success by driving customer satisfaction throughout the Professional services life-cycle for key customers, from orchestrating the engagement to successful delivery and beyond.
As a Confluent Ambassador the Engagement Manager ensures our customers are making the most value of our products and services by preparing, managing the delivery and follow-up of our professional services engagements. Acting as the primary Professional Services contact for our key customers the Engagement Manager is a long term, relationship based, customer facing role. Besides customer facing activities, the Engagement Manager is involved in supporting the Professional Services Team working on new offerings, being involved in Large Account expansion planning and building a first class Professional Services Team.
Preference for Northeast (remote) candidates
Typical activities at Confluent in this role may involve:
- Own and lead selected, simultaneous customer engagements and manages customer expectations (5-7 accounts)
- Identify opportunities for new Services by understanding and addressing potential new use-cases. Articulate the business value in the upsell, or extension of services
- Collaborate with other department like Sales and Presales to work on offerings and proposals containing Professional Services.
- Consult with client to understand and analyze engagement scope, requirements, time, cost, benefits etc. Write scoping documents, as necessary
- Manage project onsite activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, meeting milestones, and ensuring success. Responsible for customer satisfaction throughout the engagement cycle
- Prepare client facing and internal collateral such as solution presentations, project plan, burnout and status reports
- Motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel
- Act as an GoTo person for Sales to demonstrate Professional Services best-practices
- Can demonstrate the value of Professional Services externally and internally.
- Embodies the One Team spirit with PS Team, Sales, Operations and Resource Management
- Represents Professional Services within Account planning sessions and is able to formulate PS strategy for according accounts
Required skills and experience:
- The Engagement Manager will need to lead and motivate others: Customers, Sales and Partners with the ability to think strategically. He/She interfaces effectively with employees and customers of all levels.
- Excellent customer facing skills and ability to communicate to executives as well as other stakeholders at customer sites and within Confluent. Ability to demonstrate relationship building internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Strong service delivery, time, project and priority management skills
- Experience estimating effort and scope for services
- Presentation Skills
- Experience in project financial fundamentals
- Ability managing critical and political situations with business stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Loves to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment and is able to keep pace with constant change.
- Ability (and willingness) to travel up to 50% of the time to client engagements.
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills are a must
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.