Data Scientist - Field Operations
Mountain View, California /
Business Operations – Data Science /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
The mission of Data Science team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructures, metrics, insights, and models, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. There are limitless opportunities for an ambitious data scientist to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper growth start-up.
We are now looking for a talented and driven individual to accelerate data science efforts and boost our Product and Sales trajectory. This person will work closely with our C-suite executives and operation teams to develop and deliver actionable recommendations to drive better and faster decisions. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact, through creative storytelling and timely actions.
- Build and maintain data foundations, metrics and dashboards to monitor the performance of our business in every function, and extract actionable insights
- Apply quantitative analysis, data mining, and presentation of data to fuel business growth and drive customer success
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas; Convert the results into actionable recommendations
- Build data products to improve operational efficiencies organizationally to scale with a hyper growth start-up
- Inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions with senior leadership and business partners
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years relevant industry experience working with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, MySQL, etc.) and R (or Python)
- 3+ years experience in applying statistical modeling and/or machine learning
- Proficiency in data visualization (eg. Tableau, R-shiny, Python, Metabase, Looker, Matlab, etc.)
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and deliver insightful analysis and/or models; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
What Give You An Edge:
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience building data warehousing and ETL pipelines
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment, Git.
- Experience in developing data apps with Python/Java, high charts, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
- Experience working with B2B data science domain: product analytics, CRM, sales effectiveness, propensity score,, segmentation, web analytics, attribution, funnel optimization, etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.