Head of Connect Engineering
Mountain View, California
Engineering – Backend Engineering
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We are looking for a leader who will drive the charter to bridge data connectivity between various data systems and Kafka, and deliver highly available and scalable Confluent connectors that run on top of Apache Kafka Connect framework.
Who you are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 8-10+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams.
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor and handle performance management.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development. A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Should be able to move fast, build in increments and iterate. Have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills. Able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Experience running production services in public clouds.
- Ability to influence the team, peers and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques. Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.