Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer
Mountain View, California /
Engineering – Infrastructure Engineering /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We are a team of passionate engineers who love solving complex distributed systems and infrastructure problems.
About The Team:
- Writing software to automate the lifecycle of network infrastructure to connect customers to Confluent Cloud
- Building and operating a proxy layer between customer clients and Kafka
- Building services on AWS, GCP, and Azure with Kubernetes
- Running all of the above in our very own elastic, high-scale cloud offering
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Proficiency in Go, C/C++, or other statically typed languages
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience working on stream processing technology or query processing systems
- Experience with Terraform or similar config management technologies
- Strong networking background combined with your software engineering experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.