Mountain View, California /
Product – Product Management /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
As a Product Manager at Confluent, you’ll work across the company to make this vision a reality. You’ll be responsible for the success of a major product initiative, from initial conception and customer development to growth strategy. You’ll become the trusted resource for your product, making sure that the engineering, design, sales, and marketing have what they need to make the right tradeoffs, build the right product, and grow it successfully in the market.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a software product manager, ideally for a developer product
- Empathy for our enterprise customers, and a passion for solving their problems with software
- Technical background. Apache Kafka™ is transforming the core data infrastructure of many companies, and Confluent’s products are leading this transformation
- Ability to craft a product strategy and roadmap in concert with customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to distill technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Entrepreneurial or leadership experience
- Direct experience with modern distributed data products (ideally, Apache Kafka™) and deep knowledge of the open-source data software ecosystem is a plus
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.